Saturday, January 29, 2022

Viewing an acreage, take 4 and 5

 I need to actually write these when they happen. Cause I barely remember.

So Take 4 was south of town, maybe 20 minutes away. It had some charming elements, like a newer sun room. It was six acres-ish, near the house having more trees and a kind of dilapidated garden area. Some outbuildings, horse related. And then there was a wide open field. I forsaw goats. I don't recall the price, but I think it was more than we wanted to pay for the condition. Which is a shame, I really liked the land. I think one of the painful elements was that one bedroom could only be reached by passing through another. Awkward.


Take 5. It was a good half hour away, and in the wrong direction. We don't really want to go any farther north, because just about everything we drive to is south, like the nearest city and Matthew's family. So it was a big lot, with a decent amount of tree fringe. Outbuildings, with actual animals in them. An old barn/grain bin thing that would be fun to play in. It had a bedroom on the main floor and three or four on a second floor, nice and spacious. Not much of a living room. If I inherited the place, I'd make it work.

However, too far in the wrong direction for the price, and the bathrooms were a problem. On the main floor, there was a shower and toilet in the mud room, separated on by a screen. There was also a toilet and tub room, but I don't think it had a shower? And in one of the bedrooms upstairs, there was a small toilet room, with the sink right in the bedroom. Not really practical for three adults and three kids. Really liked those spacious bedrooms though...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Why would you want dough that's sour?

 Let me preface this with "I Don't Know What Sourdough Is." Something to do with yeast and keeping it around and alive. To wha...