Thursday, December 30, 2021

Viewing an acreage(ish), take 3

 My mom sent me an Instagram post from our real estate agent, advertising a house on "almost an acre," and it was a surprisingly affordable price.

Not surprising when you look at the location. It was only a few minutes away from where we live, but not toward the outside of town.

I ended up really liking the place. It was a charming, dated, kind of farm-house sort of building. The bedrooms were bigger (+), there were stairs (-), and Auntie, Matthew's sister who lives with us, would probably have to claim the modest sized family room in the basement as a large sized bedroom. She'd get her own close 3/4 bathroom (+), but we wouldn't have the large play area in the basement like current (-).

The lot was lovely. A bunch of mature trees, places to roam and explore, more open places to maybe put a garden in. It was just sandwiched between a residential road to the north, a busy, faster road to the south, just west of another busy road. And not fenced in. And if we fenced it in, how would we get the cars in an out?

I think both Matthew and I were more tempted than we were expecting. But if I hate being one house down from a busy road (think, always have to wait to cross, then often book it) and I currently have a safe, private, fenced in back yard, then this would end up being a serious downgrade.

Keep looking. I honestly don't expect to find anything, given the current insane housing market. But who knows? If it's meant to be, then God is on my side. And if it's not... I don't need to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why would you want dough that's sour?

 Let me preface this with "I Don't Know What Sourdough Is." Something to do with yeast and keeping it around and alive. To wha...